Employers Want You To Save For Retirement – Will It Be Enough?
There are several key take-aways in this Yahoo! Finance article The surprising reason employers want you to save for retirement by Dan Kadlec:
- Our retirement saving crisis persists.
- Three in four employers say that insufficient personal savings is a top concern for their workforce.
- Four in five say poor savings will become an even bigger issue in the next three years.
- Personal money problems are having a negative impact on productivity with symptoms including high absenteeism, stress, and reduced ability to focus.
The article goes on to say that companies know they have to do more, but you need to consider…
- How long will it take? Do you have that much time?
- Will it be enough, and will it be right for you?
- Are you willing to cross your fingers and hope for the best, or should you create your own backup plan just in case?
If you would rather create your own backup plan, you might want to check out this video by Matt Lloyd on the retirement crisis.